- We believe in THE HOLY SCRIPTURE: We accept fully the writings of the Old and New Testaments as the very Word of God, verbally inspired in all parts, and therefore, wholly without error as originally given of God, altogether sufficient in themselves as our only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice.
(II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21)
- We believe that there is but ONE GOD WHO IS IN THREE PERSONS (the Trinity): Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; that Their purposes are one and Their offices and actions are completely harmonious.
(I John 5:7; Genesis 1:1; I Corinthians 8:6)
- We believe in THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, the second person of the Trinity, the eternal Word and only Begotten Son; that without any change in His divine Person, He became man by miracle of the Virgin Birth; that as Man, He was tempted in all points as we are, yet without sin; that as the perfect Lamb of God, He gave Himself in death upon the cross for us, suffering the full penalty of divine wrath in our stead; that He arose bodily from the grave and was glorified; that as our great High Priest, He ascended into Heaven, there to appear before the face of God as our Advocate and Intercessor.
(John 1:1-2; I John 5:20; Matthew 1:20; Luke 2:26-30; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1)
- We believe in THE HOLY SPIRIT, the third person of the Trinity; that He convicts the world concerning sin, righteousness, and judgment; that He regenerates, indwells, seals, and anoints all who become children of God through Christ. He further empowers, guides, teaches, sanctifies and fills believers who daily surrender to Him. All children of God are baptized in the Holy Spirit at salvation.
(II Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16-17; Romans 8:14-27; John 16:7-11)
- We believe that ALL MEN ARE BY NATURE AND CHOICE SINFUL AND LOST; that man was the direct creation of God, made in His image and likeness; that by personal disobedience to the revealed will of God, man became a sinful creature, the father of a fallen race which is universally sinful in both nature and practice.
(Romans 3:23 , Romans 5:12 ; Galatians 3:22)
- We believe in SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH. Salvation is the free gift of God, neither merited nor secured in part or in whole by any virtue or work of man but received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Apart from Christ there is no possible salvation.
(Ephesians 2:8-9; II Corinthians 5:21, 7:9-10; Romans 6:23, 10:9-13)
- We believe in RIGHTEOUS LIVING AND GODLY WORKS, not as a means of salvation in any sense, but as its proper evidence and fruit; and therefore as Christians, we should obey the Word of our Lord, seek the things which are above, walk as He walked, and accept as our solemn responsibility the duty and privilege of bearing the gospel to a lost world. (Titus 2:11-14; Ephesians 2:10)
- We believe in THE EXISTENCE OF SATAN, who originally was created a holy and perfect being, but through pride and wicked ambition, rebelled against God, thus becoming utterly depraved in character, the great adversary of God and His people. He was defeated and judged at the cross, and therefore, his final doom is certain. We are able to resist and overcome him only by the blood of the Lamb, through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in the armor of God. (Revelation 12:9-11; Ezekiel 28:14-17; Isaiah 14:12-15; Revelation 20:10)
- We believe in THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST: we believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. (Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:13-17; Revelation 19:11-16, Revelation 20:6).
- We believe in THE EVERLASTING CONSCIOUS BLESSEDNESS OF THE SAVED in Heaven and THE EVERLASTING CONSCIOUS PUNISHMENT OF THE LOST in Hell. (John 14:1-6; I Thessalonians 4:14-17;
II Corinthians 5:10; Philippians 3:20-21; Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 20:11-1; Mark 9:43 -48)
- We believe in THE PRIESTHOOD OF ALL BELIEVERS, that Christ is our Great High Priest and through Him every born-again person has direct access into God’s presence without the need of a human priest; that the believer has the right and responsibility to personally study and interpret the Scriptures guided by the Holy Spirit.
(I Peter 2:5,9)
- We believe THAT JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE HEAD of the body of Christ, of which all true believers of this age are members; that all members of this one spiritual body should assemble and identify themselves in local churches. (Matthew 23:10; I Corinthians 11:3; Hebrews 10:25)
- We believe in THE IMPORTANCE OF THE LOCAL CHURCH, that a New Testament church is a local assembly of born-again, baptized believers united in an organization to practice New Testament ordinances; to meet together for worship, prayer, fellowship, teaching, and a united testimony; and to actively engage in carrying out the Great Commission. (Acts 2:41 , 4:32 ; Matthew 26:26-30, 28:19-20)
- We believe in THE INDEPENDENCE AND AUTONOMY OF THE LOCAL CHURCH, that each New Testament church is free to govern itself without ecclesiastical interference, and should cooperate with other New Testament churches as the Holy Spirit leads; that it is responsible to follow the pattern of the New Testament church and is directly accountable to God. (Acts 6:1-6; Galatians 1:1-2)
- We believe THE ORDINANCES GIVEN TO THE LOCAL CHURCH ARE TWO — BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S SUPPER, that baptism is by immersion of believers, thus portraying the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the bread and cup by the believers as a continuing memorial of the broken body and shed blood of Christ. (Matthew 3:13-17, 26:26-30, 28:19-20; Acts 2:41; I Corinthians 11:23-32)